Friday 10 February 2012

February Challenge

I decided to have a go at the new February Challenge on UK Stampers which was to create a piece of art using image transfer and stamping.

The birdcage image is Tilda and I found some very old transfer paper which I have had kicking around for about 10 years.  Wasn't sure if it would still be any good but had a go anyway.  The image is a bit blurry, but I decided that was fine as it fitted in with the distressed look I wanted.


I used distress inks and stamped the board and made a tattered floral inked and stamped flower

The birdcage has been padded using wadding on the back and machine stitched all around and I have sewn on some little beads.

I dont own a fancy binding machine so its just two holes with the trusty hole punch and some binding rings.
I shall add more pages some other time and make it into a mini album.

All in all a very enjoyable little afternoons project whilst I am still carless and its freezing cold out

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely and makes a very good start for your mini album.

    ReplyDelete